During this project we worked on a news package that was very similar to our mobile journalism project, but this time we had to work in school, but we were given much better equipment. I chose to work on this assignment with my friend Josh. Although at times we had "creative differences" I felt it was an overall good choice because he pushed me and I pushed him to get the best possible material. I thought that between this project and the last we made many improvements including, shot stability and interview framing. I think that we could have had more dynamic shots, but i think that the shots we got went well with what the speaker was saying. Over all I had a lot of fun creating this project and I thought It was really cool how much more professional it looks then the last.
This project was one of the coolest and most fun in school project I've ever worked on. In this assignment we were given the job to create a two minute long newscast with six stories with varying topics. Through this assignment we learned how to write like we would read the news (which is much more difficult then it seems) and put it into script format. Along with creating a script we also learned how to read off of the teleprompter and project our voices so we wouldn't look like robots. After learning all of this we went through a series of trials in which we learned that reading the news is not as easy as it looks. I especially learned that good tempo in reading can make or break the way it sounds. Another thing that I could improve on is reading off of the teleprompter more towards the center so it won't look like I'm looking down. This looking down broke my connection with my audience and also caused me to look tired. A final thing that I could improve on is my facial expressions when I am not reading. The reason being is because I did not look happy to be on camera and it distracted from the story being told. Besides all of this I thought I did a good job on the project and I know that it is one I won't be forgetting anytime soon